- To make the dough place flour in a bowl, add baking soda, salt, 2 tblsp melted butter and sufficient water and knead into soft dough.
- Blanch spinach in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, squeeze out excess water and chop. Chop onion.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a non stick pan, add onion and let it sweat. Add spinach, salt, pine nuts and cook till dry. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool. Heat sufficient oil in a deep pan on medium heat.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions and roll out each portion, dusting with flour, into thin sheets.
- Dust a round cookie cutter with dry flour, place it on the rolled out dough and cut out roundels.
- Dampen the edges of the roundels, place a little spinach mixture in the centre and fold into a crescent shape.
- Seal the edges well. Slide them into the hot oil and deep fry on medium heat till golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.